These website terms and conditions apply to your use of citz.co.uk; citz.co.uk/extra; https://uk.patronbase.com/_Citz; https://uk.patronbase.com/_CitzExtra and all pages within it (the “Website”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By using the Website you are showing that you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use the Website.
The Website is owned by Citizens Theatre Ltd. (referred to as “we” or “us”) and these terms and conditions are issued by Citizens Theatre Ltd.
- All information on the Website is provided in good faith and for general information purposes only. Whilst we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on the Website is accurate, the Website is published on an “as is” basis.
- We make no warranties of any kind. As far as allowed by law, we exclude any implied warranties or conditions that the Website will be of satisfactory quality, fit for a particular purpose, compatible with other products or services, non-infringing, complete, accurate or secure.
- As far as allowed by law, we and our associated companies will not be responsible for any losses you incur as a result of using the Website, using any websites linked to the Website or relying on any of the information published on the Website or any websites linked to it, including without limitation loss of goodwill, loss of profits, loss of data and losses which arise directly or indirectly from our acts or omissions.
- We and our associated companies will not be responsible for any losses you incur as a result of changes made to the Website by unauthorised third parties.
- We give no warranties that access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free or that the Website or the server hosting it are free from viruses. We and our associated companies will not be responsible for any losses you incur as a result of any virus infecting your computer by reason of your use of, access to or downloading of any material from the Website.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any country or state and you access the Website from that country or state, the illegal, invalid or unenforceable term will not apply to you. The remaining terms and conditions, however, will remain in full force and effect.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence or our employees, agents or sub-contractors or for fraud.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
2. TICKETS – CONDITIONS OF SALE
- We must be provided with contact details when you book in order to contact you should any performance details change.
- For safety, all patrons attending a show must have a ticket including children.
- Prices may change from those published.
- If you have special access requirements please advise when booking.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission.
- We reserve the right to alter or amend the programme of performances, classes and events as necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- Latecomers will be refused admission to our Studios. Latecomers may be admitted to the Main Theatre if there is a suitable break in the performance.
- If you are entitled to a concession we will ask for proof of identity when collecting your tickets.
- A £2 transaction fee is applied to online ticket sales. This covers all postage, packaging and credit card processing fees.
- A Citizens Extra booking fee of £1 per ticket may be added for the provision of external ticketing services.
- All credit and debit card payments are processed through a secure payment site provided by YESpay International Ltd. At no time do the Citizens Theatre store credit card data.
3. DONATION SERVICES
- We will use your donation at our discretion but within our stated charitable objectives.
- All payments through the Website are to be made by credit or debit card. We also accept donations by cheque. Cheques can be made payable to Citizens Theatre and sent to the Development Department, Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS. Please note that we can also accept payment by cash in person at the Box Office.
- Once you confirm to us through the Website that you wish to proceed with your donation your transaction will be processed through a secure payment site provided by YESpay International Ltd. By confirming that you wish to proceed with your donation you authorise YESpay International Ltd to request funds from your credit or debit card provider.
- All credit and debit card payments are processed through a secure payment site provided by YESpay International Ltd.
4. GIFT AID
- When you donate to us through our Website and confirm that you are a UK taxpayer in accordance with the requirements of the Gift Aid scheme as they apply from time to time, we can reclaim Gift Aid. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether you qualify for Gift Aid entitlement. If you have any doubts about your entitlement for Gift Aid we recommend you consult your own advisors or HMRC about any accounting, taxation or financial consequences of making a donation that may affect you.
- Under this scheme, you should understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in the relevant tax year, then it is your responsibility to pay any difference. You are entitled to cancel your declaration in writing at any point within 30 days.
- Further information on gift aid can be found at www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.
5. UNAUTHORISED CARD USE
- If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card provider.
6. INFORMATION FROM YOU
- Before we can process a donation you must provide us with (i) your name, address and email address; and (ii) details of the credit or debit card that you wish to use to fund the donation. We will use this information to process your donation. It is your responsibility to ensure you have provided us with the correct information.
- When you submit your payment details, these details will be transferred to our payment provider, YESpay International Ltd, and your payment data will be collected and processed securely by them. You should make sure that you are aware of YESPay International Ltd terms and conditions, which are different from our own, to ensure that you are comfortable with how they will process your personal data before you make a donation.
7. DONATION REFUND POLICY
- If you make an error in your donation please contact us either by email at email@example.com, by phone at 0141 418 6258 or by post to the Development Department, Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS,within 14 days and a full refund will be made to you.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The material on the Website is protected by copyright and the copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website is owned by and shall at all times remain our property or the property of our licensors, as appropriate.
You may reproduce, print or download material from the Website for your own personal use provided that:
- you do not alter the material;
- you do not separate graphics from accompanying text; and
- Citizens Theatre Ltd. copyright notices appear in all copies.
Any use of material from the Website other than in accordance with paragraph 2.2 is strictly prohibited. In particular, you may not reproduce, print or download material from the Website for commercial purposes or publish, display, distribute or broadcast such.
9. CONTENT AND LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
This website provides contact details of third parties and links to other websites or resources. The Citizens Theatre Ltd. does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources unless otherwise stated on this website.
We use a mixture of essential and non-essential cookies as part of the booking process in order to ensure you have the best possible experience.
In order to keep track of your order it is essential that we store a “session cookie” on your computer. This cookie will last for 24 hours.
We use a few non-essential cookies to customise your booking experience and help make it easier and more enjoyable for you. These extra cookies are used to store thinks like your login details so you will be automatically logged in each time you visit our site.
We may also install cookies to monitor the success of online marketing activity for this website.
Before storing any of these cookies for the first time, we will alert you and ask your permission before proceeding. If you do not wish to store these cookies you will not be able to use that particular feature, but the rest of the site will continue to work correctly.
11. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Citizens Theatre reserves the right to change these terms and conditions. Any changes will be posted on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and in what circumstances we disclose it.
12. LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Visiting company imagery and photographs are reproduced with permission. All photographs associated with our own individual projects and productions are commissioned by the Citizens Theatre and therefore reproduced with permission.
The photographs used on the static pages of this website are by Helen Black, Alex Brady, Richard Campbell, Iain G. Farrell, Tim Morozzo, Eamonn McGoldrick and Alaisdair Smith. We seek to credit all such photography here. If we have not credited your image, please let us know and we will add your name to this list. Email Shiona with details.
Our downloadable resources are designed for use by teachers and other individuals working in formal and informal education. All sections can be photocopied for use in an educational setting e.g. for use as a visual aid for the classroom. However, it is strictly forbidden to reproduce or re-distribute these resources outwith an educational setting. If you would like to use these resources for any purpose outwith the classroom, you must seek permission from TAG/Citizens Learning and the company must be credited. Click here to email Citizens Learning department. These resources are not for re-sale under any circumstances.
You assume full responsibility for the protection of your computer system including computer hardware, software and stored data including that of third parties who may access your computer system. By logging on you will assume the responsibility of ensuring that data downloaded or otherwise received from this website are free from viruses or other items of a destructive nature. Any damage to your computer, software or data by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via our site will be your own responsibility.